Retirement planning is one of the key areas of your financial strategy. After working long and hard, you want to enjoy your retirement years, while knowing your family is protected and there are enough accumulated funds.
In today’s world there are many concerns, which you should address when thinking of retirement, for example:
- How much money do you need for retirement? Life expectancy is extended and people live much longer.
- How do you ensure that there is an ongoing income when your partner dies? This is often more of a concern for women, as they are more likely to live longer than men.
- How will inflation and currency fluctuations affect your retirement income?
- What would be the care costs for you or your partner?
- Do you rely on your employer’s pension scheme? If so, you should be aware that many of these schemes are running on empty and it may make sense to make your own provisions.
If you want to feel secure about your retirement future, you should consider the above issues. It is imperative that you take action, rather than leaving anything to chance.
We can help you with this. Our standard service would include:
- Setting clear goals for your retirement;
- Taking control of your existing pension;
- Maximising your tax allowances;
- Designing an investment strategy, suitable for your needs;
- Maximising your income in retirement;
- Adapting to changing circumstances.
Our team of financial professionals can assist you with your retirement planning in numerous ways, and some of the options would be setting up a:
- Saving plan.
We can set up a regular and/ or single contribution investment-linked policy, which will be running for a specific number of years, based on the planned year of retirement. The underlying choice of investments would follow a certain strategy, so that targeted growth rate is achievable and therefore your pension fund is likely to be as projected.
- SIPP, or Self Invested Personal Pension.
SIPP is a UK approved personal pension scheme, which allows individuals to make their own investment decisions from the full range of investments approved by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). This is a tax privileged savings plan, with the purpose of building a capital sum to provide an income on retirement.
- QROPS, or Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Scheme.
A QROPS is a pension scheme available to individuals with UK pension rights, who have or will become non‐resident in the UK for tax purposes. This also applies to foreigners who have worked in the UK and have a UK pension.